Friday, March 27, 2009

Some more native Linux VSTs

I've found a few more native Linux VSTs - I haven't tried any of these yet, but they are in my downloads folder ready to try! These are all free by the way.

Hypercyclic - This is described as an 'LFO-driven MIDI arpeggiator, gate effect and step sequencer for mangling MIDI input chords.' This won 2nd prize in the KVR Developer Challenge 2007.

Mr Alias 2 - Not really sure how to describe this synth, so here is their own description of it: 'Mr. Alias 2 uses non-bandlimited oscillators which can be transposed near to and beyond the Nyquist frequency, causing most of their spectra to be aliased back into audible non-harmonic frequencies. The sound can then be further processed by a number of crude "effects."'

Also from the same developer as Mr Alias are a number of MIDI processing VST plugins.

I am especialy keen to try Hypercyclic and Mr Alias, and will report back when I have done so.

No comments: