Saturday, March 14, 2009

Lexicon Omega running on Linux

I ordered a Lexicon Omega, which is a 4 input audio/midi interface to use with my Linux laptop and external gear. I opted for this as I had seen a couple of reports that it worked well in Linux.

Sure enough, after plugging it in it was immediately recognised by the system and was picked up by Jack.



I was a bit confused at first, as under the audio tab it doesn't appear under it's own name like it does on the ALSA tab, it just appears as 'System'.

Also visible in the screenshot you can see that my USB keyboard, an Evolution MK-449C has been recognised by the system without having to install any drivers.

With these two pieces of equipment working well I can now use them to control my external synth as well using the audio software in Ubuntu Studio.

Now I just need to try and configure Jack properly so it is working optimally with the Omega.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I stumbled accross your post searching for an usb audio interface running under ubuntu (natty / 11.04 / kernel 2.6.28). I too need the preamps for a micro and a acoustic guitar.

Due to massive problems with m-audio fast track pro the lexicon device seems to be worth looking for.

How are your experiences with jack an newer linux verisons?

Greets Axel