Friday, February 23, 2007

Carling Cup Final

Like the guy who books a wedding or something a year in advance, only to find it ends up clashing with an England World Cup semi final (as unlikely as that is), I have managed to arrange to move house the week of the Arsenal v Chelsea Carling Cup final. The chances of seeing the game were reduced anyway as it's on BSkyB (shitehawks); the fact I'm moving means I can't even slope off down to the pub for the afternoon to see the game. It will be one of those frustrating occasions of having to tune into the radio to listen to it.

It would be a fantastic achievement to win the cup, having used a second string side throughout the competition, but I'm confident we can do it. I'm sure Aliadiere can run rings around Essien, & Carvalho is bound to give away a few free kicks around the box if put under pressure, like he usually does.

I don't think we will have any problems being motivated for this game; we have been guilty in the last couple of games of looking like we only need to turn up to win, and putting in poor performances as a result.

Come on boys, bring that trophy home!

No comments: